BigFreaky - View my recent photos on Flickriver

Thursday, October 11, 2007

The wilds of the internet




This is my first test of my new verizon wireless broadband. I am sitting out in my truck in the driveway, because my home cable connection is crappin' out! POS! I have to be out in my truck because there is too much signal interference inside the house, or at least inside the computer room. I figured I would give it a good chance the first time outside. So far it seems pretty good, I can't wait to get out there and try some of my streaming. But looking at the TOS it appears I can only do things like browse and check email and crap like that and cannot go over a 5gig monthly limit. That seems pretty low but we shall see. Might make it hard to watch some videos on youtube or stream on Ustream.tv. I guess we shall see how it goes, I will try not to be a bandwidth hog, but some how I don't forsee that happening. :) I have always wanted to get a repeter for the signal, because the phones don't get crap in the house either, but from what I have seen those things cost some money! I will continue to look I guess. But for now that is it....live from the drive way!

No comments:

I_love_iknow_banner_9