BigFreaky - View my recent photos on Flickriver

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sofitel Tokyo Hotel


Sofitel Tokyo Hotel
Originally uploaded by BigFreaky.

Today I just found out that this hotel is no more. I did not stay at this hotel, nor did I even get close to it. But it is still a symbol of my trip to Japan. I like many others have this building etched into our memories as a reminder of Tokyo and Ueno Park. Next time (if ever) I return to Tokyo and Ueno park (My Japan) this scene will be gone. Lost for eternity in an ever changing Japan. The next time I visit Shinobazu Pond and would like to snap some pictures of the surrounding buildings Sofitel will be no where to be found. Hotel Kojimu will apparently fill the void that has been left by the demolition of Sofitel Hotel Tokyo. Maybe I will stay in this new hotel next visit, to reclaim some lost memories that I never had....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is sad news. I want everything to remain the same: but that's a hopeless wish in Japan.

Anonymous said...

I just found out. I wanted to see it in GoogleEarth StreetView but it wasn't there.

I'm so disappointed, it was on my list of things to see when I'll go to Tokyo :/

I_love_iknow_banner_9